Country Pie Contest & Live Auction
For Bidders and Spectators:
Join us at the Friday evening Opening Ceremonies and Awards Night for the famous Thorndale Fair Pie Auction! Watch or join in the fun as generous local businesses and families bid hundreds of dollars on each pie. Thank you to the Taylor Family for facilitating the Auction! Pies not sold in the live auction are available for purchase after the auction at the back of the hall. Get yours quick because they don’t last long! Successful bidders receive a bucket of Shaw’s Ice Cream to go with their live auction pie. Thank you to Shaw’s for the donation of ice cream!
2019 Country Pie Successful Bidders - Thank You!
|Karen Vecchio, |
|Jim & Norma Poel, |
|Doddey Creek Agri Services/|
|Dick & Trudy Nieuwland|
& Strawberry Farm
|McCutcheon Farm Drainage||Heath & Danielle Taylor,|
Taylor Made Wagyu Beef
|Ryan & Amanda Elliott|
|Alison Warwick, Kelly Elliott,|
|Mike & Connie Bontje, |
M&C Bontje Ltd.
Patterson Grain Ltd
|Pat & Jane Elliott,|
Elliott Grain Ltd. (2 pies!)
|Lynndsay & Blake|
|Ray & Mary Chowen||Dave & Melanie Gilchrist|
Dave's Agri Help
|Thorndale Farm |
COUNTRY PIE CONTEST
Directors: Elizabeth Facey 519-461-1349, Louisa Denomme
- Points do not count toward Homecraft Queen
- First prize winner in each class receives a bag of flour, donated by Arva Flour Mill
- Prize money awarded in each category – $40, $30, $20
Rules and Regulations:
- All pies will be sold at the Opening Ceremonies and Awards Night. The top 3 prize winning pies in each category will be auctioned and remaining pies will be sold after the event.
- An exhibitor may enter in one or more categories.
- All pie entries will be taste tested.
- All entries become property of the Thorndale Fair Board.
- Pies must be submitted cold for judging by 11am Friday. An entry form must also be completed and submitted to the Fair office by 11am.
- Please label pies as to kind.
- Pies must be submitted in a proper size clear plastic bag, preferably an extra large Ziploc bag.
- Open to all age groups, including men, women and children.
- All entries must be approximately 9" on a foil pie plate.
- No meringue, cream, sour cream or custard pies.
- Any pie entered containing nuts or nut products must make note of this on the entry tag.
PRO TIP! For best results, temper your pie plate. To temper your pie plate, bake the plate empty for 15 minutes at 450 degrees, let cool and wash before using for your pie.
Single Crust Pie
No Pumpkin, Meringue, Cream, Sour Cream or Custard Pies
Double Crust Fruit Pie
Twice the Fun!
Two (2) Double Crust Pies each entered by a different exhibitor
(example: Grandparent/Grandchild, Boyfriend/Girlfriend, Co-Workers etc.)
Novice Entry – Single or Double crust fruit pie
Novice category is open to new exhibitors OR anyone who has never placed (1st, 2nd or 3rd) in the country pie contest in previous years OR anyone under the age of 18
Streusel (Crumble) Topped Fruit Pie