CLASS SEVEN - PHOTOGRAPHY
CLASS 7 - PHOTOGRAPHY
Directors: Connie Bontje (519-461-0515), Barb Krasnicki,
Rules and Regulations:
- Unless otherwise stated, each exhibitor may enter only ONE photo in each section and a photo can be entered only once in the class. Photos must be taken by the exhibitor.
- Print size – Approx. 4”x6” and no larger than 5”x7” unless otherwise stated.
- Prints must be mounted on black matting/cardstock with no more than a 2.5-3 cm border. Please refrain from the use of mounting corners and ensure that your photo is securely fastened to the cardstock. No frames please!
- Photos must be recent. Please ensure that they are not date stamped.
- Photos will be judged on originality, composition, technique, sharpness, visual impact and conformance to the rules and category. Note that photo editing is allowed.
- Committee reserves the right to exclude photos that may be deemed inappropriate.
- You must be an amateur photographer to enter this class. An amateur is defined as someone who does not earn a full-time wage from photography.
- Please attach your tag on the TOP RIGHT of your mat. **changed as of 2018**.
- The categories are meant to stretch your imagination- we are looking for creativity and thinking outside the box!
- A sampling of photos will be selected and scanned into an image recognition web application to ensure that photos are not procured from stock image websites or other online sources not belonging to the entrant.
Prizes: 1st: $4, 2nd: $3, 3rd: $2
Carnival Lights & Country Nights
Fast & Furious
A Christmas Story
The Incredible Journey
Look Who's Talking
Gone with the Wind
Stand By Me
The Sound of Music
Before & After (2 photos of the same subject taken at different times, mounted together)
ENLARGEMENTS (approx. 8x10-11x17, no frames please) COLOUR OR BLACK AND WHITE:
Prizes: 1st: $5, 2nd: $4, 3rd: $3
Portrait - Person
Portrait - Other