Best Decorated Yard
Committee: Kelly Cook, Bridget Heeman & Brenda Tipping
ADVANCE ENTRIES ONLY!! - NO late entries will be accepted. Entry form below must be completed no later than 4:00 p.m. on September 9, 2018.
Displays MUST be up by 2:00 p.m. on Sunday September 16th and judging will take place after 2:00 p.m. Depending on how many entries and locations judging may occur over several days. Winner will be announced via social media no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday September 21st.
1st - $100.00, 2nd - $75.00, 3rd - $50.00 and $20.00 will be awarded to all other (worthy) displays.
10% will be deducted from prize money for entry fee into this competition.
- Open to homes & businesses throughout the community of Thorndale and within a 20 km radius from the Fairgrounds.
- A display of any size or shape to be decorated with any material (suitable medium) to promote the Thorndale Fair. For example: hay ,straw bales, big or small corn stalks, rakes, ploughs, flowers, vegetables, etc.
- Display must face the road and be on owner's property. May be displayed on another property with owner's permission. Display is NOT permitted on the road allowance.
- A sign MUST accompany the display and be clearly visible from the road. The sign must state "Thorndale Fair" - Sept. 21 - 23, 2018 and include the Fair Theme "Fun for the Whole Herd"
- Display must remain in place until September 24, 2018.
- Participants/Entrants agree to have a picture of the decorated yard to be posted on the fairgrounds on the weekend and our social media platforms.
Scoring for Judges:
Overall appearance - 30%
Originality - 40%
Visibility of dates - 30%